A recent study revealed that the average American woman wears a size 16–18, and we want to celebrate that!
So, we asked size 16–18 women to send in their favorite pictures of themselves, and honestly, we couldn’t even handle all the slayage.
Here’s just a tiny sampling of what the average American woman looks like in 2016:
1. She’s super confident in short skirts.
“I’m a size 18 and my absolute favorite things to wear are short, flowy skirts. However, I’m extremely self-conscious of my legs, so normally I cover up with some leggings. On this day though, I knew I was going to the beach so I decided to forgo them. That decision felt scary and wrong but turned out to be so right. I felt so free, comfortable and gorgeous. Isn’t that how everyone should feel when they put (or don’t put) something on?” —reginaadlg
2. She knows how to look damn good in a swimsuit.
“One of my favorite swim suits! Felt super cute. :)” —paigemackenzieb
3. She’s super on-trend (and knows it).
“Plus-size fashion can be trendy too! Boohoo, Forever 21 and Charlotte Russe are affordable life savers!” —chelseat4c1cfe4e7
4. She’s feelin’ her look all day, every day.
“Size 16/18 and feelin’ myself.” —shaelynb2
5. She straight-up slays in a romper.
“My fave lil’ romper.” —laviolaward
6. She knows that being sexy is a feeling you find within yourself.
“As a size 16, this is one of the first pictures I took where I felt even remotely sexy. It brought out my confidence, and it made me realize that I’ve never had a reason to be self-conscious. It’s all about accepting yourself in your own skin and as soon as you do that, your life will change for the better.” —samanthah453ee4af2
7. She supports body-positive clothing brands.
“This is one of my favourite outfits! The skirt is from a badass body-positive boutique out of Toronto called Your Big Sister’s Closet, and the top is from Forever 21!” —chanceinthepants
8. She loves trying out new looks.
“I love my curves! I started a whole blog about dressing them! Now that more stores offer plus size options trying new looks is fun!” —meganh4befe37ab
9. She kills it in a bikini, no question.
“The year I said, ‘Fuck it,’ and wore a bikini on vacation!” —rmw140
10. She’s not afraid to show haters how it’s done.
“Some people once told me saris were for skinny girls who could show their stomachs.” —mrinaliniv
11. She knows the perfect swimsuit can make you look and feel like a straight-up goddess.
“Me in my favorite suit while enjoying a night at a hotel with my BF!” —adrienneh6
12. She knows finding your personal style can be hard, but it’s totally worth it.
“I just flippin’ love this picture of myself. It took me a long time to love myself, and my love for fashion helped me love myself more. The more time I spent developing my own personal style, the more that I realized I was worthy and beautiful. This is the first of many full body pictures that I will be taking to celebrate my beauty and remind everyone else to celebrate their beauty as well, regardless of size.” —baileyann16
13. She knows just a teeny bit of courage can give you a whole lot of confidence.
“I was on holiday and had owned this costume for the last three years and never had the courage to wear it. I was so glad I took the plunge.” —laurend48ea4690b
14. She knows her self-worth comes from herself and no one else.
“It’s taken me a long time to be comfortable and confident in who I am. All throughout school, I was told that I was fat and ugly and would never be beautiful or loved. After I graduated high school, I got a better group of friends and positive influences and learned to style myself just a bit. Now, I don’t have a shortage of pictures that I love of myself. I’m constantly hearing positive things about myself, and I’m in a better place mentally and emotionally to where I don’t depend on others/men for my self worth.” —vanessaraechellel
15. She knows that being mom is one of the most courageous acts of all.
“I had my son three years ago and went from a size 3 to a size 16. It took a while to be comfortable with my new self but now there is just more of me to love. I am a hugeStar Wars fan and when I saw this bathing suit this summer, I wasn’t going to let my curves stop me from wearing this. I am more confident now then I have ever been in my life, and I thank that all to my son.” —birthofarebel
16. She looks dapper and fuckin’ knows it.
“Outfit for friend’s wedding. Size 16 and happy. :)” —hmmcglauflin
17. She knows a great investment piece can go a looonng way.
“I bought this dress online and it’s been my fave ever since! It fits me so well and It makes me feel beautiful. And the best part about it is that it looks great with any pair of shoes. :-)” —prateekshak
18. She’s happy just being her full and total self.
19. She finds clothes that make her look and feel like a million bucks.
“I always feel like a million bucks in this outfit! Leather + animal print + Howard University + big smile = always in style.” —erikam25
20. She takes selfies when she knows her outfit is ON. POINT.
21. She’s happiest when she listens to herself.
“I recently went to Florida, and the beach was speaking to my soul.” —bonniew49536ba94
22. She’s confident showing off her curves because they are perfect just the way they are.
“It’s taken a while but I’m now a very confident size 18 and loving showing off my curves!” —gemmal420104b62
23. She’s proud of the body she has right now.
“Here I am 30 pounds down, and a very PROUD size 16. This is also the first photo I have taken in a swim suit since I was about 13 years old. I’m feeling amazing and so happy in the skin I am in!” —beccaw45d30cd6a
24. She looks straight-up stunning in a crop top and shorts.
“Feelin’ myself before the Hershey Yoncé Formation concert. Sweetest place on earth!” —ahleahm
25. She knows when her LBD looks damn good.
“She’s a tornado with pretty eyes and a heartbeat,” Unknown —gretas4274ff860
26. She radiates confidence wherever she goes.
27. She isn’t afraid of a dress that shows off her killer bod.
28. She knows the perfect sheer ensemble can make her feel hella sexy.
“An amazing lace top, nude bra and miniskirt maxi combo. Sexiness for days!” —smellychellelee
29. And she knows no matter what age she is, she will always fucking kill it.
“One of my best friends is a photographer and wanted to practice taking boudoir photos. I volunteered because why not? I wasn’t sure what to expect, or if I’d like the end results. To say I was pleasantly surprised is an understatement. I rocked it in all my size 18, 33-year-old glory!” —calliey4cb91ff68
Some responses have been edited for length and clarity.